About the iC
Q When is the iC open?
A The iC opens at 8.30 am each weekday. The iC closes at 5.00 pm from Monday to Thursday and at 4.00 pm on Friday. The iC is closed Monday recess.
Q Can I come to the iC during class time?
A Yes, you will need a note signed by your teacher and you will need to sign in at the Teacher Librarian desk.
Q Is there a quiet place I can work in the iC at lunchtime?
A Yes, the iC lab is available for quiet, peaceful work. Please respect other students in the iC lab by working quietly.
Q What can I do in the iC after school?
A Please sign in to the iC when you arrive after the bell. You may work or read quietly by yourself.
Q Can I photocopy and print in the iC?
Q Does the iC have a lost and found?
A Yes. Ask for lost items at the Circulation Desk unclaimed items are taken to Student Services.
Q What is the borrowing time period?
· Most books are available for loan for two weeks and are renewable.
· Magazines are available for loan for 3 days.
· DVDs can be borrowed overnight only by seniors
· Kobo Readers are available for 1 week renewable
· Newspapers are for use in the iC only.
Q How do I know if I have overdue items?
· You can log onto Oliver to check your overdues, reserves and current loans.
· You will receive regular email notices and a print out of overdues once a term in PC.
Q How many resources may I borrow?
You can borrow ten items. We do appreciate prompt return of resources
Q Do I need to have an ID card when I want to borrow?
A It is preferred that students carry their ID card when borrowing.
Q What happens if I lose a resource?
Report the loss to the iC staff
Q How can I renew a loan?
Ask the staff at the circulation desk for help
Q Where is the catalogue?
· In iC reading there are 3 computers dedicated to accessing the catalogue.
· On the ZENworks window on any computer in the school
· Online through LibGuides on the Merici Website (http://merici.libguides.com/content.php?pid=380663)
Q How do I find newspaper articles?
· IniC Reading